Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Preparing to PAINT!





Hello Everyone!
I hope your summer is full of happiness with the many simple things that life gives to bless you with!

I found some great videos from Lowes that shows instructions on painting. The videos show how to paint cabinets. Painting wood furniture is pretty much the same process, so, I thought you might like to see it step by step.

There are a couple of things that I do different than the folks at Lowes ~ I use diluted Dawn dish washing liquid to clean any grease & grime off of the piece I am about to paint. Also, I often use a wide foam brush to apply paint when we aren't using the sprayer.

Here is the link to get you on the Lowes video site~ Then look for the video "How to prep for painting cabinets".
http://www.lowes.com/cd_Lowes+Video+Center_94400869_?ytID=oxOJbS-1AiM
Happy Painting! ~*~Lynda~*~

No comments: