Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Formal Dining Room Decor

I'm having so much fun decorating our new home! I'm still being very careful not to spend a lot of money to help our goal of being completely dept free as soon as possible.

Do you remember this pretty chandy? It used to be painted metallic champagne. I felt that it would look better painted oil-rubbed bronze now.To make the 3 fabric wall art boards, I started with these canvas's that I picked up at a yard sale last year for 50 cents each.
Then I found some colorful fabric that I really liked (on sale, of course).
Place the canvas board on the under side of the fabric. Cut the fabric about 3/4 inch larger than the canvas.

Then hot glue the fabric to the back wooden frame pulling it tightly to stretch to get a better fit. I must say that it is helpful to do this with another person, but I did manage to do it myself. It would have been better on the edges with help though. If you are using a fabric that that has a particular pattern, make sure to keep it straight. I really like the easiness of this paisley. I did make sure that they were all placed on the fabric in the same direction though. I use a skewer to press down the fabric with the hot glue applied so I don't burn my fingers.

They bring a lot of interest and color to the room. I already had the 2 metal iron work pieces. I spray painted them oil-rubbed bronze also. I was really feeling the urge to buy 3 new metal pieces from Hob Lob to go over the top of each of the fabric boards, but not now, maybe later.

Here are a few items that make a pretty center piece!

And on the buffet the bunny comes out for spring time. I'm not suggestion anything by placing it on the platter. That's not very nice of me now.

Our china cabinet holds the china down below and a collection of brown and cream dishes along with my many off-white ceramic pieces. Some of these dishes have been in a box for 2 years. It was so much fun to get them out and enjoy them again!



I saved the best picture for last! I love having one of my favorite nativity scenes up all year long!

Thinking about Jesus Christ is one of my very favorite things to do!



~*~ Lynda~*~

No comments: