Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saved by YouTube - Getting Wax out of Carpet

I made a mistake that resulted in wax from my warmer being splattered all over the top of my entertainment center and over several square feet of my shaggy carpet. Oh my. I didn't take pictures, no time for that.
This YouTube video saved my carpet, my pants and I even used the same technique (very carefully) on the painted wood finish of the entertainment center.
All that was needed was an iron and paper towels. Simple and brilliant, and best of all, it worked! 
That's why I'm sharing. Just in case you ever encounter a situation with wax where it shouldn't be. :)

~ Chelsea ~

No comments: