Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Monday, April 22, 2013

Painting my Entertainment Center

A while back, I decided to paint my entertainment center black. It was golden oak and in good condition, but I just wanted to have it tie into the room better. I live in an older home that has wood trim and baseboards, so I have always tried to minimize having too many colors of wood. 


I didn't get a chance to take  any before pictures of the entertainment center. I lifted each side and stuck newspaper underneath the bottom edges and painted it right in my family room. It only took a few hours to finish the painting, then I let it dry overnight before putting the TV, DVD player and stereo back. 
I love how it looks with the satin black paint.



~ Chelsea ~

No comments: