Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Painting Frames

There is no better way to surround a photo or give a gift than to save money and use your own time and talents to recreate beauty. A thrift store frame plus a little time and creativity (and paint) makes a unique, original gift and a frame just the way you want it. 
I painted this frame for my mum this past Mother's Day. 
I almost forgot the before picture. 


Light blue first:


Then I used a wet paper towel to add some white paint. I rubbed it on and then rubbed it off hard to give it a white-washed, slightly distressed look. 




I got the frame nearly free at a thrift store, then chose I color of paint from my stash that I thought she would like. It looked great with a photo of her four children in it, taken by my sister.

Save money and have fun recreating a frame from a thrift store!

~ Chelsea ~

No comments: