Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Fabric Scrap Garland - Red, White & Blue


Another successful decoration made with everything I already had (and some fabric donations from my mom's stash). There are even some cut off jeans and old t-shirts in there! I used some hemp string that I had in my jewelry making box and my pinking rotary blade to cut the fabric strips with ease. Quick, easy, free and patriotic. 



If you want to make some garland for any occasion, just cut strips of fabric about 1-2 inches thick and however long you desire (mine ranged from 5-8 inches, I didn't measure anything). Then, do a single simple knot around a sturdy string in the order you desire. Can't get any easier!
Have fun celebrating the USA this week!


No comments: