Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Recovered Glider Cushions

Our poor glider cushions were falling apart at several seams and it was looking dingy and old. I was a bit intimidated by the idea of trying to recover the cushions, but I gave it a shot. I'm glad I did and I'm happy with how they look now. 

Before:




After:




I basically took apart the old cushion fabric and used it as patterns for the new ones. I purchased some very inexpensive brown home decorator cotton fabric from Home Fabrics (I think it was $2/yard). I like the thick durable fabric and I think the darker color will be more forgiving with milk spills and kiddo boogers. :) Since the cushions were still in good shape, I didn't need to buy new ones.  

Do you have any cushions in your house that need a fresh look?


~ Chelsea ~

No comments: