Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Baby Room

Slowly I am getting decorations gathered and made for my new little baby girl's room.

This fabric inspired the colors and theme of the room. I got this little piece of flannel fabric in the remnant section at Joann's a long time ago and unfortunately, it is no longer available. With the help and instruction of a good friend, I crocheted the edging around the fabric to make it a little blanket.
I love the deep and bright colors.


So, all the colors in this blanket will be included in the decorations for the room.

My mom, Lynda, made a vibrant picture frame mat and gave it to us with a beautiful white frame to include in the baby room decor. 


I love how it looks! And it is incredible to note that all the great pinks and oranges came from a variety of ads that my mom collected. She cut them out to perfectly cover the mat and then mod-podged over it all for a smooth final coat. 
I made the simple "I am a Child of God" center.

Once I get all the wall decorations made and up, I'll be sure to post how it all comes together.

~ Chelsea ~

No comments: