Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Wood Christmas Decorations

I love Christmas. I love decorating for Christmas and having those decorations all around for at least a month to remind me that it is Christmas time.

I don't have a fireplace with a beautiful mantel to display our family's stockings, but I have always desired a cute way to hang them so I can see them throughout the season.
With some inspiration from Crystal's awesome wooden signs that she sold at the boutique, I created a wooden stocking hanger.


I am very pleased with the simplicity of my creation and how well it looks with our mis-matched stockings. I actually really like the fact that none of our stockings are the same. Mine and my husbands are from our growing up years and I made my two daughters stockings. (The most recently made one shown here.)


It's amazing what some scrap lumber, paint and small screw-in hooks can create.

While I was at it, I made a few decorative signs in the same wonderful red color.
I used my Silhouette machine to cut out white contact paper to create the letters and shapes.



Easy, cheap and beautiful. Just how I love it.

I hope you are enjoying decorating for Christmas too!

~ Chelsea ~

No comments: