Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Toy Drum

I gave my little girl a box of musical instruments for Christmas. She, like most toddlers, loves to make noise, and she has always shown a special interest in music. 


As I expected, she loves her music box. 

A few weeks after Christmas, I finally had some time to help her make a simple drum out of a yogurt container to add to her box. It was a fun little project and I enjoyed being creative and making it sparkly and pink just as she requested. 

Our materials: clean yogurt container, drum sticks (dowel pieces), thin paper (we used some awesome wrapping paper from Christmas), paint (for top & bottom of the drum and for the drum sticks), decoupage and scissors. (I mixed my decoupage with some glitter to make the drum sparkly.)


I cut the thin wrapping paper into strips about 3 inches wide and long enough to cover the sides of the drum. Then, I decoupaged the strips on, overlapping them until the sides were covered. 


And the completed sparkly pink drum and drum sticks after waiting not-so-patiently for them to dry!



Now to help the little drummer understand that it's not a good time to drum when baby sister is sleeping! :) 
I brought this upon myself, I guess. 

~ Chelsea ~

No comments: