Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Using Wax - Smooth Sliding Drawers

I am always amazed at how well wax works to make drawers open and close smoothly and quietly. 


I'm currently working on a little old dresser that has the basic wood drawer guides. Those drawers were so hard to open and close and loud too! So, I rubbed the wax over the areas were the wood rubs together and now it glides open and closed wonderfully. 
I also used this method to solve loud, squeaky drawers on these nightstands.


Here are the points both on the drawers and the dresser body that need to be rubbed with wax to improve gliding. 


One of the drawers.
I am excited to make this free-off-the-side-of-the-road dresser cute and functional as a perfect place for my excessive amounts of fabric in my craft room/office. I look forward to showing it to you once it is done too!

~ Chelsea ~

No comments: