Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Night Stands

I purchased some inexpensive, solid wood night stands for my master bedroom from a friendly craigslist seller. I had plenty of hearthstone brown flat acrylic paint left from when I painted our headboard, so I wanted to make them look like they were meant for each other by painting the 2 nightstands as well.
First, I sanded to remove the glossy finish and some minor dents and scratches. I sanded by hand, because I had not yet invested in my electric sander. Then I brushed on 2 coats of brown paint and finished with a coat of spray clear coat protectant (especially important for the tabletop for dusting and protecting).

Before:



After:


I think the brown looks great and brings out the beautiful curves of this piece of furniture. Maybe someday I will update the old handles, but for now they look great right next to our bed.

~ Chelsea ~

No comments: