Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Painting Method - Using Potatoes & Yams

Another fun idea from THIS book... in which I very much enjoyed.

I stamped a picnic blanket (a large piece of brown home decor fabric I had leftover from this recovering project) using potatoes and yams sliced in half. Using potatoes and yams for stamps isn't a new idea, but it was for me. It was the first time I have ever carved my own stamp and it was good practice. 

Here are my stamps that I made using the cutter tool.



And the fabric after being stamped (very wrinkly, I know. I avoid ironing at all costs.)




I feel like the blanket turned out fun and I learned a lot from this project and have ideas to improve future projects using this same technique. 
I think kids would enjoy this too.

~ Chelsea ~ 


No comments: