A week of intense work on my kitchen has finally qualified this project to be labeled as "done"! I am so grateful for all the people that helped me complete this project.
If you missed the before story of my kitchen cabinets, check it out HERE.
I've heard before that the best way to get a home project done is to plan a party to be at your house. I used my daughter's 4th birthday party as my deadline and there were moments when I didn't think I could pull that off. My dad hung the last cabinet doors just minutes before the first guests arrived!
My FAVORITE part:
Just a few small additional touches left like:
- knobs on top doors, handles on lower doors and drawers
- paint above cabinets and sink area light yellow
- spray paint stove hood black
- caulk and touch up a few doors
- painting/covering underside of upper cabinets that can be seen from our family room
- new dark granite-looking laminate counter tops in the future
- Maybe someday I'll get new matching appliances (wish)
My advice for anyone starting a similar kitchen painting project:
- Expect it to take longer than you expect. :)
- Take time to prepare before painting (deep cleaning, caulking cracks, Spackle holes, light sanding for a smooth surface).
- Don't get discouraged during the priming stage. It always looks worse before it looks better.
- Accept help with painting and/or child care.
So here's BEFORE:
~ Chelsea ~