Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mid-Century Accent Tables Turned French Country

I had a very lucky (blessed) day at Goodwill and found 2 awesome accent tables to refurbish! Yippee! As you can see the old varnish had yellowed and it was a little beat up, but I know how to fix that.
TaDa! Pearl White satin paint & Gray Glaze! Just beautiful!

I really liked the pulls just the way they were, so, I cleaned them up a bit.

Look at the gorgeous scrolly cut wood lattice! You know how much I love scrolly details!

The drawers were dove tailed construction! Always a special feature. I found some pretty contact paper at Dollar Tree to line the drawers with.

This next table is really special! The top was very messed up, but it was a very exciting moment when I discovered that I could sand it down to refinish it with some nice dark ebony stain.

How do you like her now?

What a beautiful top! Burl Wood on the edge and Pecan (my best guess) in the center.

These drawers were solid wood, but not dove tailed. A very well-made piece of furniture!

The pulls were beautiful too, but I preferred them painted with black enamel.


~*~Lynda~*~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very nice and equisite! Very Beautiful!