Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Christmas Stocking

There's no hiding my excitement for Christmas! Today, I made a stocking for my little girl who is due to be born on December 6th. Although this year she won't care, I know she will eventually love it and all the goodies that it will hold over many years. 

Stockings are so simple and I really enjoyed making this. I also made a pattern for it so I can make similar stockings in the future. I like the traditional shape and size...just big enough for a fair amount of treats and small gifts.


The outer fabric is an adorable thin corduroy that I snagged from the red tag fabrics at Joanns a while ago. I love corduroy... the way it looks and how easy it is to work with while sewing. The lining is solid white cotton fabric that I cut out from my husband's old (and helplessly stained) church shirt. Great re-purposing for this small project. 


Do you plan on making any stockings this year?

I had to remind myself how to sew in the lining and got help from this tutorial. I used the second tutorial on sewing linings. 

~ Chelsea ~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's really cute! I love that you used an old white shirt for the lining...very clever!