Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Baby Room Decorating with Fabric

When I found out that I was having a girl for my first child a few years ago, it seems like my mind immediately started decorating her room. I had a lot of fun decorating for a little girl while not spending too much money.

Let's talk about decorations we can make with FABRIC. I love fabric.

Colors and Theme of this room: White, Black and Pink with eyelet and Lilies

I made a curtain/valance for her room first, that I had designed (very simply) in my mind. I didn't own a sewing machine at the time, but I used a friend's and had a lot of help making it come together.


Then, with the leftover fabric, I cut out my little girl's name and attached it to the wall using spray starch. You spray the fabric and stick it to the wall. Once the starch dries, it is up there securely, but can also come down and wash off the wall very easily without leaving any marks. Brilliant, whoever thought of that one.


Then, I got this idea from Make It and Love It, one of my very favorite crafty blogs. Check out Ashley's tutorial on how to cover your light switch with fabric.


I love how this room has evolved. It is my favorite room in the house. 

~ Chelsea ~

No comments: