Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Up-dated Entertainment Center from the 70's!

When I was purchasing this beauty from Goodwill, a man looked at me puzzled and actually asked me why I was buying it. It was kindof funny! After I explained to him that it was solid oak (not one bit of particle board anywhere) and I had an awesome refurbishing vision for it, then he thought that was pretty cool. Also, it was 3 pieces and had wonderful wheels on the bottom which appealed to me for transporting & positioning. Well, here it is all transformed and painted!
I love how my Handy Honey put the beadboard & half-round trim on the doors and some nice molding on the top!
We also had to do a lot of filling with a very strong wood putty in all of the large holes from removing the glass doors, funky lights and tops and bottoms of the doors where the groove was for previous opening.
I bought these beautiful pulls at Hobby Lobby, painted them white and then shabbied them up.
Even after cleaning & painting with a high quality primer from Frazee (which we do with all of our whites), this old oak had some desires to still bleed through. We gave it an extra coat of the white satin lacquer which really helped, but we were short on time and not planning to need 3 coats of the lacquer.
We just barely got it all done and sold before we moved. What a blessing!

Do you like it's new French Country/Cottage look?


~*~Lynda~*~





1 comment:

The Moore Family said...

Wow!! I must admit, I wouldn't have seen that one coming! Awesome!