Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Large Wall Painting (Re-do)

Here is a very lovely painting that I picked up at DI. I loved it, well, except for the colors. I apologize if you like these peachy & purpley colors. Maybe you had better not look at the next picture if you do.This is what I did to it! But first, I went on-line to make sure that the signature on the bottom was not of a famous artist or anything. I really like the layered oil paint on the canvas.

It gives some beautiful dimensions. Once I discovered that the artist wasn't showing up anywhere, I spray painted the whole canvas off-white. It actually took 2 cans of spray paint to cover the beautiful bright colors.
Next I painted the raised flowers with tan & taupe acrylic paints. I needed some blue to go with my decor, so, I just started adding some touches here and there.
I ended it off with a somewhat, random covering of brown glaze! Then I took a very small disposable paint brush and put the brown glaze on nice and thick to make it darker on all of the edges of the petals.

I really like how it turned out, simple, but beautiful. I really love where it ended up!

Donated & sold at a benefit yard sale!

~*~Lynda~*~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing!