Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wonderful Whites!

This is an awesome solid oak table with gorgeous pulls. Something odd is that the 2 pulls over the back plates were too large for the space and were making deep gouges in the wood.


To solve that problem I bought a couple of brass knobs that had some detail to distress and put them in place of the large (yet gorgeous) pulls.
I love the serpentine front. I think I'm going to keep this one for myself!


This awesome huge dresser had so much potential that it was worth the much needed effort to fix it up.

I really enjoy copying Pottery Barn!

And I really enjoy painting over knotty pine furniture.

Solid wood and scrolly detail all in one square table! Yes, I do get excited about these things!


Oh so PRETTY now!

Attach a couple of gorgeous glass knobs & you've got Shabby-Glam or Holleywood Style.

Of course, I had to get a close up of this beautiful detail. My daughter, Chelsea, said scrolls are my signature. I seem to have many around our home. I had to sell this one though.

I almost forgot to take a before pic of this set. As you can tell I started sanding the chairs already. Look at all of the fun detail on these chairs. It's kindof funny how painted cane-back chairs are so in style now. It's also kindof funny that the gorgeous detail and cane on these chairs is made out of plastic. I guess that's how they stayed so nice all these years.


Wow! What a CHANGE! That is so fun to do!

I wanted to keep this dining room set too! Thankfully, I had a buyer before I even started refurbishing it.


Nice Legs!


I LOVE THIS UPHOLSTERY!
(I don't mean the real kind of love)


One more close-up of the distressing to give it that beautiful aged, worn look!

Also, I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to my handy husband who sprayed the paint on all of these pieces for me! He does a beautiful job and then I go and mess it all up.

LOVE THE LOOK!

~*~Lynda~*~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adorable! Isnt it fun to find new talents!