Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

GRACE

This painting has always been one of my favorites. A small copy was in our home growing up and its simplicity is powerful as a reminder of humility, gratitude and faith. Read the HISTORY of this painting HERE.



A few years ago, I stumbled across this large painting of "Grace" on craigslist. Although I knew it was larger than the little one my mom has, I didn't realize how HUGE it was until I got to the seller's house to purchase it. It's a good thing we had a large empty wall in the dining room for it to call home. 

Since hanging it on our wall a few years ago, the frame has always slightly bothered me. The frame was just too fancy for a humble painting, with gold and cherry wood coloring. And, I don't have any of those colors in my decorating. I have wanted to paint it for a long time, and I finally did.
All black.

And I painted it right there on the wall, because it's huge as I mentioned. I sanded it, taped it off and painted it with a foam brush and then a smaller paint brush for the detailed border.


I enjoy the new look with a solid black frame. 



~ Chelsea ~

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I think the new paint job puts more focus on the subject. Great job, Chels!