Anyway, I decided to repaint and reupholster it. I looked online for advice and I did find a good re-upholstery article HERE. It gave me courage. I busted out my heavy duty stapler. Then using the chair's old fabric as pattern pieces, I did my best. One good thing I did was take detailed notes as I deconstructed the chair. This helped me put the pieces back in the correct order. I learned that all those extra bumps of fabric actually needed to be there... it's not going to be a straight edge like a clothing pattern. I also learned to avoid buttons until I am taught by a professional. Tufting is no laughing matter. I consider this chair my "training project". Please don't come to my house and look at it closely. It is awful. But I do like sitting in it and I'm excited to use the knowledge I gleaned from this project for other furniture pieces in the future.