Hello, welcome to Homemade Home, where we share our ideas for decorating, crafting, sewing, and using a little creativity to save some dough!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Customized Wall Decor!

I am so excited! After 3 years of being in limbo, we have moved into our own home! It's an older home that has been fixed up, but of course, we are going to change a lot of things to make it just the way we like. Our list is a mile and a half long. I'll have an enormous amount of projects to share with you all in the days ahead.


I thought that I would just start with a simple wall arrangement. All of these mirrors and pictures were gold or silver originally. I hand painted them with a nice off-white color. It was some paint that I already had, what a blessing! I know there is more than one way to accomplish home decorating, but I like laying the items out on the floor first and kindof playing around with it to see what feels good to my eyes.


When they are placed on the wall I strive for a well balanced, measured and leveled look. I seem to achieve this best with the help of my husband. He holds them on the wall and I stand back to get a good look. We started by hanging the center larger mirror first. Aren't those two antique English saucers pretty?
I love this vintage, round, lacy mirror! I love it even more with it's new color.


These two hibiscus pictures where an inexpensive purchase from Wal Mart about 4 years ago. I love floral pictures and these had the color of blue I was looking for in the living room.


Here is a close-up view of how I brushed the paint over the detail on the frame of the mirror without getting paint in the nooks and crannies. It helps to make those pretty details stand out more.


Love, ~*~Lynda~*~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Love this!